About the client
The client’s wide-ranging product portfolio includes mission-critical welding, line boring, milling and split-frame machines for a variety of industries including oil and gas; mining and heavy construction; power generation; shipbuilding and repair; aerospace; and defence. To access and service overseas markets, the client was seeking a translation partner with the necessary breadth of expertise, functional capacity, project management, and graphic design skills to translate an extensive library of web content, manuals, and technical documentation into seven target languages.
Their main challenges are:
- Getting print-ready manuals translated into seven languages by a single vendor
- Keeping the terminology consistent across manuals in different languages
- Localising the content with the help of in-country linguists
- Recreating schemes and diagrams and including them in the production workflow
- Prioritising translation order with thorough and detailed management planning
The client was extremely satisfied at the culmination of the project, having received print-ready and error-free user guides on time and budget throughout the process.
With delivery complete, the client was able to schedule publication and dissemination of the translated materials to clients in Europe and Latin America thus widening and improving their service provision. By year’s end, the company’s sales had soared to 30% over the previous year, and they had increased their commercial presence in South America.
Get in touch
We are here to answer your questions
And help you get your businesses rolling on a new level